ALERT - ALERT - ALERT: CREDIT WHERE CREDIT'S DUE!
Your author is leaving now for the BOEM meeting, more fully discussed below in the previous page posts.
Come on down!
1. Alaskans should go down to the Dena'ina in Anchorage this morning from 8 a.m.- noon. Here's all the information you'll need. While the public cannot testify, everyone can fill out 'comment cards'.
2. We admire that Governor Sean Parnell will have Commissioner Larry Hartig represent him on Panel III (click link above for information), that Anchorage Mayor Dan Sullivan obtained a spot on the Panel, that Senators Lisa Murkowski and Mark Begich will testify.
3. We are amazed that the organizers refused to allow Alaska Legislators to participate and compliment Representative Craig Johnson (NGP Photo) on his letter. We appreciate that Alaska State Senate President Gary Stevens and House Speaker Mike Chenault have encouraged Legislators to be involved.
4. We respect the Anchorage Chamber of Commerce, Alaska State Chamber of Commerce, Alaska Support Industry Alliance and Resource Development Council for Alaska for defending Alaska's free enterprise system and urging member participation.
5. We also respect the various Anchorage talk show hosts for drawing attention to the event. This discussion by Dave Stieren and Jeff Jones pretty well summarizes the issues at stake (move to minute 35, Dave Stieren Show, Hour 2. This link may be downloaded until this evening).