Mackenzie Pipeline Never Been Closer - American Readers: Please send in those two letters today!
Calgary Herald. Despite years of delay, an Arctic pipeline has "never been closer" to fruition, federal Environment Minister Jim Prentice (NGP Photo) said Wednesday. ... Inuvik Mayor Derek Lindsay said he doesn't want to see any further delays. Local businesses are banking on a pipeline to kick-start the economy. Lindsay is counting on his support for the project to help him get re-elected in a civic election next week. He lived in Inuvik after the last attempt at the pipeline fell through and said he's hopeful for a positive outcome this time. "I don't want to see that happen again, it crippled this town for 10 years," he said. "This JRP thing is long overdue. . . . I don't want to see us go backwards, for God's sake. Once the pipeline gets the green light, there'll be a lot more activity in town and in the Beaufort (Sea).
Comment -dh: This week we have warned of Federal government threats to the economies of the United States and Alaska...and given you information on how to weigh in. Please weigh in. If the legal record is strong with your comments on the importance of domestic energy in general and OCS in particular, it will be harder for bureaucrats to create new, restrictive rules. Remember, that without future OCS throughput the life of TAPS is prematurely shortened and a future gas pipeline's throughput is compromized--not to mention the rather immediate hit on Alaska's economy discussed yesterday and over the previous week (scroll down) in more detail. Here's how to be involved. Below, is how several of our thousands of readers have become involved:
- EPA Hearing Testimony: Paul Laird (Alliance), Carl Portman (RDC), Marilyn Crockett (AOGA), Michael Terminal(Edison Chouest), Mary Shields (Northwest Technical Services), Brian Benson (Air Liquide), Keith Silver (NANA Management Services), Peter Macksey of STEELFAB, Roger Steen (Air Sciences), Susan Childs (Shell Oil), Brian Tomlinson, Linda Leary (Carlile Transportation), Reed Christensen (Dowland-Bach), Dave Harbour (NGP).
- Mary Ann Pease, MAP Consulting, LLC-AK
- Graham Smith, Alaska Support Industry Alliance
- Rick Braun, Retired Alaskan
- Chris Bell, Fisher Valve and Valve Automation-AK
- Jim Gilbert, Udelhoven Oilfield System Services, Inc.-AK (1)
- Jim Gilbert, Udelhoven Oilfield System Services, Inc.-AK (2)
- Dave Harbour, NGP and CEA
- Commonwealth North
- Lon Wilson, The Wilson Agency-AK
- Jeff Smith, The Smith Group, Inc.-VA
- Brian Tomlinson-AK (NGP Photo)
- Bill Noll-AK